what's the plan ?

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:41 PM

what's the plan ?

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2009 at 2:31 PM

hi and sorry for replying that late but I hadn't noticed that there was a new post. ;-)

my plan is to provide the community with an all-in-one solution for creating games in c++. this includes one library for each feature needed in a game, such as graphics, physics, sound, input, gui, ai, networking, scripting and general stuff like logs, a game state manager. Universe Engine is mainly designed for Windows, but maybe I'm also gonna add support for other platforms. The engine needs a flexible and modular interface, so that users can easily integrate it into their games and customize it for their own needs. I don't want to write completely new libraries for graphics and physics (in this case that would be like reinventing the wheel), but I plan to use existing libraries and add an intuitive interface to them, so that game developers can focus on creating content instead of learning how to use complex libraries.

I hope you now have got an idea of what I plan to do. Universe Engine is currently at a very early development status, but of course everybody can feel free to join the project.